[U-Boot] At91 mass storage device

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Sat Mar 14 09:43:25 CET 2009

Hello,

> One thing I never understood is that after a power cycle with a usb
> memory stick plugged in,
> I always have to start and restart the usb probe to recognize the
> storage device.
> This happened in a previous version of u-boot (like 1.2.0) and it's
> also the case with the current source.
> Is their a reason for that?

I do not know a reason for that, and it is not supposed to be that way.
On the boards I use I have not seen that behaviour.

> Perhaps an inadequate peripheral reset?

The initialisation sequence looks very much alike the Windows/Linux
initialisation sequence these days, there are a few minor differences
but these are valid too and are not related to things like this.
There are still a few weird issues with USB sticks I do not fully
understand yet, but if you can improve it, please provide patches.

Kind regards,

Remy