[U-Boot] U-boot and JFFS2

Pillai, Manikandan mani.pillai at ti.com
Tue Mar 17 05:41:29 CET 2009

Hi,

offset 0 and 1 in a x16 large page micron device is reserved for
badblock marker - u-boot is checking the correct location and if those
locations dont have 0xff, it is noted as bad blocks - This is no issue
with u-boot as far as I can see but on the other hand the clean markers
are also supposed to be in the same location.

I am not clear on the other part of the answer. Do you mean to say I need to fix the kernel code for cleanmarker issue ? Is it like I can give an offset for the
Cleanmarker to be written ?

regards
Mani