[U-Boot] U-boot and JFFS2

Nishanth Menon menon.nishanth at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:40:17 CET 2009

Pillai, Manikandan said the following on 03/17/2009 06:41 AM:
> with u-boot as far as I can see but on the other hand the clean markers
> are also supposed to be in the same location.

Why do you say that? ooblayout free is used if I am not wrong to store
cleanmarkers. have you compared the layouts of the kernel Vs u-boot? if
there is a delta, I suppose a good idea is to fix the kernel board file
(we've had more than enough oob discussions for omap3 gpmc i suppose on
u-boot ml ;) )..
> I am not clear on the other part of the answer. Do you mean to say I need to fix the kernel code for cleanmarker issue ? Is it like I can give an offset for the
> Cleanmarker to be written ?

I believe you can, essentially coz you can choose where the ecc region
is, jffs2 should store cleanmarkers in free area.
Regards,
Nishanth Menon