[U-Boot] exit(-1) function in U-Boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 17 11:33:10 CET 2009

Dear Drasko DRASKOVIC,

please keep discussion on the mailing list.

And please don;t top-post / full-quote. Make sure to read

In message <5ec3d7930903170318r76f4786fsdf61ec1e2c11a04c at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Actually, I ment U-boot itself. When I said application, I was wrong. I ment
> for example command, which is part of U-Boot. If I want to exit when
> something is wrong within TFTP for example, I cannnot break execution and
> regain U-Boot shell? (Otherwise, I have to go back to calling functions in
> net.c, etc..., which is not what I want. I want to stop on the place error
> happened.)

When "something  is  wrong  within  TFTP",  the  respective  function
returns an error code, which propagates upward and causes the running
command  to terminate, so you automatically end up back in the U-Boot
shell.

Maybe you should explain what exactly you are trying to  do.  I  have
the feeling that your question does not describe your actual problem,
and  that your actual problem might be either be based on a misunder-
standing or inappropriate use.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
ATTENTION: Despite Any Other Listing of Product Contents Found  Here-
on, the Consumer is Advised That, in Actuality, This Product Consists
Of 99.9999999999% Empty Space.