[U-Boot] MPC8315ERDB

Louis Ruch louisruch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 12:58:03 CET 2009

Hey Wolfgang,

Here is the printenv of my u-boot, it seems that the MAC addresses on the
development boards are set to a standard which does not change, since I got
a printenv from freescale where they have the ping working and they have the
same ethaddr as I do on my dev board:

Here is my printenv:

=> printenv

bootcmd=setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=$serverip:$rootpath
ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gatewayip:$netmask:$hostname:$netdev:off
console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp
$fdtaddr $fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr -$fdtaddrramboot=setenv bootargs
root=/dev/ram rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;tftp
$ramdiskaddr $ramdiskfile;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp $fdtaddr
$fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr $ramdiskaddr $fdtaddrnfsboot=setenv bootargs
root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=$serverip:$rootpath
ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gatewayip:$netmask:$hostname:$netdev:off
console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp
$fdtaddr $fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr - $fdtaddr\

bootdelay=6

baudrate=115200

loads_echo=1

ethaddr=04:00:00:00:00:0A

eth1addr=04:00:00:00:00:0B

loadaddr=200000

netdev=eth0

consoledev=ttyS0

ramdiskaddr=1000000

ramdiskfile=ramfs.83xx

fdtaddr=400000

fdtfile=mpc8315erdb.dtb

stdin=serial

stdout=serial

stderr=serial

ethact=eTSEC0

ipaddr=192.168.0.109

serverip=192.168.0.22

gatewayip=192.168.0.31

Environment size: 1043/8188 bytes

=> ping 192.168.0.31

Speed: 100, full duplex

Using eTSEC0 device

ping failed; host 192.168.0.31 is not alive

=>

Here is the printenv from Freescale where they are able to successfully ping
another device on their network:

=> printenv
ramboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw console=$consoledev,$baudrate
$othbootargs;tftp $ramdiskaddr $ramdiskfile;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp
$fdtaddr $fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr $ramdiskaddr $fdtaddr
nfsboot=setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=$serverip:$rootpath
ip=$ipaddr:$serverip:$gatewayip:$netmask:$hostname:$netdev:off
console=$consoledev,$baudrate $othbootargs;tftp $loadaddr $bootfile;tftp
$fdtaddr $fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr - $fdtaddr
bootdelay=6
baudrate=115200
loads_echo=1
ethaddr=04:00:00:00:00:0A
eth1addr=04:00:00:00:00:0B
loadaddr=200000
netdev=eth0
consoledev=ttyS0
ramdiskaddr=1000000
ramdiskfile=ramfs.83xx
fdtaddr=400000
bootcmd=setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=10.192.208.120:
rootpath=/tftpboot/10.192.208.246
bootcmd=setenv bootargs root=/dev/nfs rw nfsroot=10.192.208.120:/tftpboot/
10.192.208.246
fdtfile=/tftpboot/mpc8315.dtb
bootfile=/tftpboot/uImage
stdin=serial