[U-Boot] MPC8315ERDB

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 18 12:23:25 CET 2009

Dear Louis Ruch,

In message <85a17cd50903180302x62c0f6c1u11e4876452608130 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> We erased the flash on the board and every since then cannot get a ping
> reply from any deivce on our network, and we cannot ping the board itself.
> Since all the lights on the hub are on we once again know that it is able to
> detect the presence of the cable on the board.  Also since the board can
> detect the pressense of a cable it seems to be working, at least on the
> physical layer.  Is there anything one must do to ensure that u-boot has
> network support?  We have built editted versions as well us just extracting
> u-boot, building it and programming it. Nothing seems to be working.

Did you check your environment settings, especially the MAC addresses?
Did you use valid MAC addresses?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
All repairs tend to destroy the structure, to  increase  the  entropy
and  disorder  of the system. Less and less effort is spent on fixing
original design flaws; more and more is spent on fixing flaws  intro-
duced by earlier fixes.       - Fred Brooks, "The Mythical Man Month"