[U-Boot] How !, Adding a New Device to U-Boot.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 19 09:54:02 CET 2009

Dear renjith kumar,

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

And you not only top-post, you also full-quote. Please make sure to
read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

In message <a8474bd70903190141t17658adaxc22437666be83b8d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Yes , this is the main configuration changes that I need to worry abt.
> One quick Doubt, here....
> Did you mean, a Same Sequoia configuration can still be OK for this, so that
> it can list out the two devices (FPGA in EBC and FPGA in PCI interfaces)
> ??   (provided the clock/Cristal values/settings remain same) .

I don't know your hardware. I cannot comment on this.

> 2)
> Also , wish to know one more thing along side , Does U-Boot support PCI-SATA
> Device support , so that I can boot from a SATA - HDD ???

On some boards / for some S-ATA controllers it does.

[Full quote deleted.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If I ever needed a brain transplant, I'd choose a teenager's  because
I'd want a brain that had never been used.