[U-Boot] CONFIG_SERVERIP

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Wed Mar 25 17:23:12 CET 2009

E Robertson wrote:
> Hi all,
> In the current git source, I have the serverip config set but tftp
> complains about serverip not being set.
> I didn't see any changes to the source here. Am I missing something?
>
>> printenv
> baudrate=115200
> ipaddr=192.168.0.200
> serverip=192.168.0.100
> gatewayip=192.168.0.1
> netmask=255.255.255.0
> hostname="Vincy"
> ethaddr=00:07:A6:00:6A:E6
> bootdelay=5
> bootargs=
> bootcmd=
> ethact=macb0
>
> Environment size: 247/16380 bytes
> OmniTouch> tftp
> link up, 100Mbps full-duplex (lpa: 0x41e1)
> *** ERROR: `serverip' not set

What is "serverip" set *after* running "tftp"?  Is the "tftp" command
trashing serverip?  Is "tftp" doing a DHCP/BOOTP operation to your DHCP
server and getting an invalid server IP?

Disclaimer: I don't know off-hand if tftpboot does a DHCP operation.  I
get confused by the bootp, dhcp, and tftpboot commands - they are all
the same but different.

Best regards,
gvb