[U-Boot] CONFIG_SERVERIP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 25 20:11:01 CET 2009

Dear E Robertson,

In message <3972542e0903250820w31586c26ke97d793083c5e8a2 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> In the current git source, I have the serverip config set but tftp
> complains about serverip not being set.
> I didn't see any changes to the source here. Am I missing something?

You have some serious misconfigurations in your default environment. I
recommend only to add things there when you really know what you are
doing.

> >printenv
> baudrate=115200
> ipaddr=192.168.0.200
> serverip=192.168.0.100
> gatewayip=192.168.0.1
> netmask=255.255.255.0
> hostname="Vincy"

There should not be any apostrophes in the value.

> ethaddr=00:07:A6:00:6A:E6
> bootdelay=5
> bootargs=
> bootcmd=

Here you have created a strange problem which most probably confuses
U-Boot. Make sure to fix these "empty" values.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The only perfect science is hind-sight.