[U-Boot] Enabling ARM DCache (and MMU setup) in U-Boot

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:09:38 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>but until we can take a look on the code it will be hard to known
And I just found :
./examples/test_burst_lib.S: *    void mmu_init(void);
./examples/test_burst_lib.S:    .global mmu_init
./examples/test_burst_lib.S:mmu_init:
./examples/test_burst.c:    mmu_init();

I think I need something like this (I did not deeply inspected the code),
but for ARM (examples here are for PPC).

Similar to this example, I would first enable MMU ( call to a mmu_init() ),
then caches ( calls to dcache_enable() and icache_enable() ), then do some
read and write to a memory. Voila.

I hope that then all R/W to memory will be faster because of support of
DCache.

If anybody knows where I can find similar example (or how can I modify this
one for ARM maybe), help will be more than welcome.

Best regards,
Drasko