[U-Boot] Enabling ARM DCache (and MMU setup) in U-Boot

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 17:13:02 CEST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>Honnestly we will not work on such old code. so please really consider to
>rebase it against mainline
I downloaded the last version of U-Boot and will do all my work regarding
DCache and MMU setup here.

>first you may start to think to run in XIP to avoid the copy too
I would adore to do this. Unforunately design does not allow :'(. Flash is
serially connected, so I have to drag whole god damn image byte by byte in
SDRAM before CRC check and boot (I had to change cmd_bootm.c for this to
work). This is the loop I mention before, and I would like to speed up this
long process by introducing DCache.

>now it's more clear about what you try to do
I am sorry for not being clear before, but even I myself do not quite
understand where to start...

>yes on arm if you want to have access to the dcache you will have to set
the
>MMU first.
That's what I was affraid of.

>you may need to take a look on the arm1176/start.S
Thanks for the hint! I will examine this file (now that thing are begining
to be clearer to me maybe I will understand something).

Thank you very much for your time and help.

BR,
Drasko