[U-Boot] Not able to print env variable added in standalone application

Kartheek N S kartheek.ns at ge.com
Mon May 4 12:24:38 CEST 2009

Dear all,
    I am in need of getting a status message from a standalone application.
Hence I am using getenv and setenv functions. The standalone application can
read the env variable using getenv and set the registers accordingly. Based
on what is set, I am trying to set some env variable using setenv function.
The variable gets set I think. But I am not able to print that variable
either in application or in uboot prompt ?

    I am using run_command to jump to the standalone application which is
our requirement. But if I use "go" command from uboot prompt to run
standalone application, I am able to print that env variable.

    Could somebody help how to print env variable from standalone
application ?

    Is there any other place in u-boot where I need to add this variable ?.
I have added it in CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS.