[U-Boot] Xilinx SPI driver

Michal Simek monstr at monstr.eu
Wed May 6 16:21:40 CEST 2009

Hi,
> Hi
>
> After searching internet for a good example of using U-boot PPC405 in xilinx FPGAs with only a SPI Flash, and finding nothing, I began writing my own driver. I used a couple of standalone examples besides the linux driver as the base point, and could finally use it. As much as I have tested the system, it is working fine with a m25p64 spi flash.
> Now I would be happy to share the driver, but haven't done such a thing previously. I am not even much familiar with patch! Is there any document telling the procedure?
> Besides I have developed board support for suaku V sz410 board, and a simplistic driver for xilinx frame buffer core too (which is not as much tested as the spi driver). Should I submit them too?

Adding this driver to mainline depends on style of your driver.
You should look at http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CodingStyle and
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches

Both drivers will be useful. I can test them on Microblaze cpu.

Please write there any information about configuration - which IP you use and how to test it.

If you want you can send your patches directly to me and I take a look before you send them to
mailing list.

Regards,
Michal

> Regards