[U-Boot] Data transfer through Ethernet in u-boot.

prathika prathika at deeopl.com
Mon May 11 13:12:14 CEST 2009

hi,
You have mentioned to add the test code to the existing POST framework. In my hardware, I have CAN controller interfaced to SPI interface, SPI DACs, parallel ADCs, 1553B controller interfaced to EBC.
I have  a CPLD to generate chip selects to these ICs.
If this test code will be useful, please let me to know how to add it to the POST framework.

I just gave an example of text file, it can be binary file transfer also between my board and PC.

I understood that "tftp" command in u-boot has been coded only for receiving data from the PC and not to transmit, to PC.If this is the case should i add the transmit code to the "tftp" command?
Even if I use this command for data transfer, what are the requirements for the application in PC side?

Thanks & Regards,
Prathika R

Dear prathika,

>/
/>/ I am porting u-boot on PPC440 EP. I am porting a stand alone application
/>/ on it.
/>/ I have coded for testing the peripherals of PPC. I  have no issues in
/>/ executing this application.
/
You should have coded the test code in the contexzt of  the  existing
POST  framework  instead  of  a separate standalone application. that
would have been more useful, at least to others.

>/ Similarly I want to test ethernet communication also. I would like to
/>/ transmit a text file from my board to PC and vice-versa.
/
Why the restriction on a text file? Why no arbitrary binary data?

>/ Are there any example application for this in u-boot.
/
See the "tftp" or "nfs" commands.