[U-Boot] onenand bad block handling

Geiger Ho geiger.ho at fmp.fujitsu.com
Wed May 13 12:10:12 CEST 2009

Hi Sharma-san,

  If I use u-boot to write kernel image to onenand that the kernel image
across bad blocks, will u-boot able to skip blocks during read and
successfully boot up the kernel?

  Also, same case for rootfs, if I write JFFS2 format rootfs to onenand
using u-boot, how does the kernel handle the rootfs if rootfs across bad
blocks?

  Many thanks.

Best regards,
Geiger