[U-Boot] map mtd partitions address for TWO NOR flash

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 14 10:13:27 CEST 2009

Dear "H. Johnny",

In message <50a974c70905132045t73c26b97i9a245219e60fd49b at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> BTW, I know u-boot can pass the mtdparts parameters to linux kernel.
> Which mtd partition info linux kernel will use, u-boot mtdparts info
> or static address map code ?

That's a Linux question, isn't it? And as such off topic here...

The answer is: it depends.

If you don't configure CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS into your kernel,
then always the static partition map will be used. If you enable
CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS and do not provide partition info on the
command line, then also the static partition map will be used. If you
enable CONFIG_MTD_CMDLINE_PARTS *and* provide partition info on the
command line, then the command line information will be used.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do not simplify the design of a program if a way can be found to make
it complex and wonderful.