[U-Boot] uboot kernel rejects filesystem

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri May 15 21:42:18 CEST 2009

Hi Bharat,

> I have gone thru the kernel code. I could only figure out that m25p80
> is spi driver which is register as spi-driver.

Oh wow, an SPI NOR flash.  In my opinion, this is a rare constellation,
so you will probably need to debug MTD in Linux.

> Registration is done, which I could see from early printk's. But this
> module is never probed. Next, kernel iterates through the list of
> devices and tries to find out mtdpart, which it can not see. Since
> your mail gave very good pointer where to look for with ref to another
> nor flash.

Ok, so the problem is really that the MTD layer does not know how to
talk to your spi flash.  I will not be of much help here, I'm afraid, so
I'll advise to find a mailing list closer to the problem...

> Seems I quoted text in previous mail which annoyed you. Sorry for
> being naive. I hope I will not repeat the same.

Well if one reads lots and lots of messages, it is basically important that
everybody uses an e-mail style allowing efficient processing.  There is
a good FAQ on this:

Cheers
  Detlev

--
A statistician can have his head in an oven and his feet in ice, and
he will say that on the average he feels fine.