[U-Boot] Which U-Boot releases have Device Tree support

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 20 20:55:35 CEST 2009

Dear JEW-DONG,

In message <23641282.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I am new to Linux uboot.  I have also purchased a MPC8360E-RDK.  There is no
> uboot source code on the CodeWarrior CD either.  The LTIB
> (ltib-mpc8360-com-express-20080709) I downloaded from www.logicpd.com does
> not have source code for uboot either.  It comes with a uboot image though.

If logicpd is not violating the GPL, there must be a written notice in
the package (written, i. e. printed on some paper included in the
package) which explains where you can get their source code from.

> I can build kernel image (uImage) and jfss2 file system.  I will very
> appreciate if you  can show me where to get the uboot source code and how to
> build it for my MPC8360E-RDK board.

Just use top of tree. It is supposed to work fine. At leats it works
fine here.

And please don't top post / full quote. Make sure to read

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
: 1.  What is the possibility of this being added in the future?
In the near future, the probability is close to zero. In the  distant
future, I'll be dead, and posterity can do whatever they like... :-)
                                                              - lwall