[U-Boot] Question about U-Boot porting based on MPC852T

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 25 10:45:39 CEST 2009

Dear Chengzhi Li,

In message <a053574e0905250106u38ff34fcq711f8f3d74d33860 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am designing a embedded board based on MPC852T CPU. I want to know which
> boards supportted by U-Boot utilized this CPU. I have read the readme file

Try to use grep, for example like this:

	$ grep -l MPC852 include/configs/*

> of U-Boot and copy the relative description about PPC CPUs supportted and
> pasted below:

Well, the README is documentation and as such supposed to be helful
in general, but without ever claiming to be complete. The only true
reference is the source code.

> In this description, it seems that MPC852T cpu is not supportted. Is it
> right? And which one will be my ideal prototype for porting? Thanks!

There are a number of 852 based boards - but we cannot know which
micht be close to your board (especially since we know nothing about
your board).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The connection between the language in which we think/program and the
problems and solutions we can imagine is very close. For this  reason
restricting  language  features  with  the intent of eliminating pro-
grammer errors is at best dangerous.
               - Bjarne Stroustrup in "The  C++ Programming Language"