[U-Boot] U-boot and linux command line parameters

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 25 12:57:32 CEST 2009

Dear Mirek23,

In message <23704724.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> Was this limitation somehow changed? Is there a different mechanism for
> passing command line parameters from  u-boot to linux (in u-boot version
> 1.3.4 versus 1.2.0) (for ppc405 architecture).

Current U-Boot and Linux versions use the device tree to pass such
information.

And note that U-Boot 1.3.4 is pretty old, too. When I wrote "use
recent code" I really meant it - i. e. use v2009.06-rc2 or at least
v2009.03.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Cleverness and Style have no place in getting a project completed.
                                                  -- Tom Christiansen