[U-Boot] U-boot and linux command line parameters

Mirek23 miroslaw.dach at psi.ch
Mon May 25 22:57:22 CEST 2009

Dear Wolfgang,

Thank you for your answer. I understand that it is best to use the latest
version of u-boot and linux kernel but the pair u-boot 1.2.0 and linux
2.6.23 I can relay on. I have already tried in the past u-boot 1.3.4 and
kernel 2.6.29 and I had the problem to get the IP address using the DHCP
server (on the u-boot level).
I have given up with the newer version of u-boot and I am still using this
what works for me.
(This is however a different subject)

As regards the limitation of 8MB I have done some experiments and it seems
to be that it is not a problem any more. I have described that under the
link:

http://www.nabble.com/U-boot-and-linux-command-line-parameters-td23698384.html

Basically the CFG_BOOTMAPSZ could be set to 16 MB:
#define CFG_BOOTMAPSZ             (8 << 21)  /* 16 MB */

Best Regards

Mirek