[U-Boot] v3 OMAP USB

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Thu Nov 5 10:42:57 CET 2009

Hi Ajay,

>> I have pulled it in u-boot-usb next.
>> But I have to mention that there are a few OMAP specific patches in
>> the series. I guess it is okay to pull those in as well to keep the
>> series together.
>> If not, please let me know how to deal with those.
> Remy,
>
> OMAP specific patches are making the change only in omap3.c and omap3_xxx.h
> files so they are separated from generic files.
>
> -Ajay

This is exactly what I was pointing at.
The complete series contains changes for generic code and changes for
board-specific code.
Since it is 1 series with patches dependant on each other, the
question appeared if it was smarter to split it up over separate
custodian trees, or keep it together in the USB tree.(since the bulk
of the changes affect USB)
My proposal was to merge it in the USB tree and push it forward from
there, if we all agree about that.
Otherwise the series need to be split up to make it independent...

Remy