[U-Boot] v3 OMAP USB

Tom Tom.Rix at windriver.com
Thu Nov 5 14:44:21 CET 2009

Remy Bohmer wrote:
> Hi Ajay,
>
>>> I have pulled it in u-boot-usb next.
>>> But I have to mention that there are a few OMAP specific patches in
>>> the series. I guess it is okay to pull those in as well to keep the
>>> series together.
>>> If not, please let me know how to deal with those.
>> Remy,
>>
>> OMAP specific patches are making the change only in omap3.c and omap3_xxx.h
>> files so they are separated from generic files.
>>
>> -Ajay
>
> This is exactly what I was pointing at.
> The complete series contains changes for generic code and changes for
> board-specific code.
> Since it is 1 series with patches dependant on each other, the
> question appeared if it was smarter to split it up over separate
> custodian trees, or keep it together in the USB tree.(since the bulk
> of the changes affect USB)
> My proposal was to merge it in the USB tree and push it forward from
> there, if we all agree about that.
> Otherwise the series need to be split up to make it independent...
>
> Remy

I would rather keep the patch set together.
My current work depends on it.
I am working with the usb/cdc branch to added gadget support for omap
and ultimately help mainline the usb/cdc branch.

Since these patches are already in your usb/next, it seems that is a good
place.

What is the path forward?
I think a pull request to the TI branch, else a pull to ARM, else a pull to
master.  If there is more interest, sooner.

Tom