[U-Boot] Quick sanity test after my NAND patches

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Fri Nov 6 23:03:08 CET 2009

Paulraj, Sandeep wrote:
>> I don't know if the technique will work for you (Sandeep), but for the
>> libfdt synchronization, I literally extracted the patches from the
>> master DTC repository (git format-patch) and applied them (git am).
> This might not work as git-am will complain about not being able to apply clean.

You can apply the patches to your u-boot tree with git am, fixing up any
conflicts, and then do format-patch on the results.

> Is it possible for you to let me know which patches you are OK with, so that I know what to resend?

I'm most concerned with getting the attribution right on the 'fix "raw"
reads with ECC syndrome layouts' patch, since that adds significant new
code -- but ideally any patches that correspond with a patch in Linux
should look as much like that patch as possible (otherwise, mention in
the changelog that it is a sync with Linux).  Or if you meant which
patches I'm OK with merging even after resend, they all look OK.

As for the comment about checkpatch warnings, what was it complaining
about?  If it's not too bad I'd rather not make stylistic deviations
from what made it into Linux.

-Scott