[U-Boot] Quick sanity test after my NAND patches

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 8 23:59:36 CET 2009

Dear Jerry Van Baren,

In message <4AF4971B.9080602 at ge.com> you wrote:

> > This might not work as git-am will complain about not being able to apply clean.
>
> I may be missing something, but if you hand-edit the patches so that
> they are still valid patches, they will apply cleanly.  In my hand
> editing, I cut out all patch hunks to non-existing (for me) files (from
> the patch's file name header to the next file name header).  This is
> simply a delete operation so it is pretty hard to screw up.  I also
> changed the file paths for all file references to libfdt.h which is
> simply a substitution problem, again hard to screw up.

"filterdiff" and/or "editdiff" (from the "patchutils" package of the
distribution of your choice) may be useful tools for such tasks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
One essential to success is that you desire be an all-obsessing  one,
your thoughts and aims be co-ordinated, and your energy be concentra-
ted and applied without letup.