[U-Boot] DM9000x driver entering infinite loop

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Nov 29 21:36:12 CET 2009

Dear "alan A. A",

In message <SNT132-w518308DF4AA45864B03E899E980 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> first some information:
> -ELDk + U-Boot 200908
> -PPC405 custom board(IBM39 STB02500 LFA)
> -DM9000AEP on board

So this is a custom port, and we don't know your modifications to the
code.

> i have successfully booted the board with u-boot200908, but upon issuing a network
> command(like ping), the DM9000x driver enters infinite loop. Here is the output:
> >Data (writethrough) Cache is ON
> >Instruction Cache is ON

> >[u-boot at CT550 boot]$ ping 192.168.1.22
> >
> >Trying dm9000
> >reseting dm9000...
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset
> >resetting the DM9000, 1st reset

Did you try disabling the data cache? And addressing the other issues
reported before the network driver gets used?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Everyting looks interesting until you do it. Then you find it's  just
another job.                     - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_