[U-Boot] ARM preprocessor error generating assembly dependencies

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 1 09:34:09 CEST 2009

Dear Dirk Behme,

In message <4A9CC333.7020403 at googlemail.com> you wrote:

> >> That is, it doesn't use AFLAGS set in config.mk to generate assembly
> >> dependencies? So setting  -D__ASSEMBLY__ while generating assembly
> >> dependencies is missing here?
> >
> > It's not needed. At least for none of the files in mainline.
>
> Does this mean you will accept a patch that removes -D__ASSEMBLY__
> from AFLAGS in config.mk?

Probablky not, as this seems to be bogus and would most probably break
a ton of things.

What I mean is that I am not aware of any __ASSEMBLY__ related issues
with dependency generation in mainline code, so I fail to understand
which exact problem you are trying to solve.

Your original posting mentioned some file include/asm-arm/assembler.h
but this not part of mainline, so 1) I cannot comment on it and 2) if
adding this file causes problems I would tend to assume that there
are problems with that file, but not necessarily with the rest of the
system.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Men don't talk peace unless they're ready to back it up with war.
	-- Col. Green, "The Savage Curtain", stardate 5906.4