[U-Boot] ARM preprocessor error generating assembly dependencies

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 09:57:47 CEST 2009

Dear Wolfgang Denk,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Dirk Behme,

>>> It's not needed. At least for none of the files in mainline.
>> Does this mean you will accept a patch that removes -D__ASSEMBLY__
>> from AFLAGS in config.mk?
>
> Probablky not, as this seems to be bogus and would most probably break
> a ton of things.
>
> What I mean is that I am not aware of any __ASSEMBLY__ related issues
> with dependency generation in mainline code, so I fail to understand
> which exact problem you are trying to solve.

I think it's not a good idea to calculate dependencies with different
options than used for compilation. So the exact problem I'm looking
for is to use same options for (assembly file) dependency generation
and compilation. Just to be clean here, independent  of a discussion
whether it might be necessary or not (which would be obsolete then).

Best regards

Dirk