[U-Boot] how to enable various command support in u-boot-1.3.4?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 1 11:18:15 CEST 2009

Dear sunr2007,

In message <25236687.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> I was using u-boot-1.1.5 all these days. so i decided to use SPI API
> improvements and some other improvements. so i switched to u-boot 1.3.4 .
> I'm using AT91SAM9261 board cross compiler with GCC 3.4.1. i was able to

May I ask why you decided to switch from an ancient to a very old
version, and not to a current one?

U-Boot 1.3.4 is more than a year old. Current release is v2009.08

Also, GCC 3.4.x is very, very old.

Why are you not using a recent tool chain?

> compile the u-boot but only few of files compiled. in the /common/ directory
> i want to compile cmd_fat.c and cmd_spi.c . though these files are there in
> Makefile im unable to compile. may i know what i need to do to compile these
> files in u-boot? do i need to enable something? thanks.:confused:

I don't know what you are doing, buyt I can teel you that U-Boot
releases 1.3.4 and 2009.08 build fine in all our tests;
we used ELDK 3.1.1 (gcc 3.3.3) through ELDK 4.2 (gcc 4.2.2) for this.

If you have problems, then you either must be doing something wrong,
oryour tool chain is broken - but you don't provide enough information
for any diagnosis of the actual problem.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It became apparent that one reason why the Ice Giants were  known  as
the  Ice  Giants  was  because they were, well, giants. The other was
that they were made of ice.              -Terry Pratchett, _Sourcery_