[U-Boot] how to enable various command support in u-boot-1.3.4?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Sep 1 12:21:27 CEST 2009

Dear sunr2007,

Please make sure to read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

Your message is next to impossible to read as we cannot see who wrote
what.

In message <25237459.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> > Why are you not using a recent tool chain?
> >  since i use AT91SAM9261 boards the latest patch available for that board
> > is u-boot-1.3.4
> > so i used u-boot-1.3.4. i used 2009-08 version and compiled but there is
> > no support patch file for tat.
> > i got this info frm linux4sam.org.

There are several configurations for the at91sam9261ek board
supported in recent U-Boot. Please look again.

> >> compile the u-boot but only few of files compiled. in the /common/
> >> directory
> >> i want to compile cmd_fat.c and cmd_spi.c . though these files are there
> >> in
> >> Makefile im unable to compile. may i know what i need to do to compile
> >> these
> >> files in u-boot? do i need to enable something? thanks.:confused:

You must not trry to compile single files, because you most likely
don't get the required options right. Just add these features into
your board configuration.

> > i tried modifying Makefile by changing this particular line
> > COBJS-$(CONFIG_CMD_FAT) += cmd_fat.o
> > COBJS-y += cmd_fat.o
> > but the compiler gave a error  which im posting here

Don't do this. Instead, just add CONFIG_CMD_FAT to your board config
file, usualklky include/configs/<name>.h

Then run "make <name>_config" and "make all"

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Imitation is the sincerest form of plagarism.