[U-Boot] how to enable various command support in u-boot-1.3.4?

sunr2007 ravilinux4u at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 11:36:42 CEST 2009

>Dear sunr2007,

>I asked you before: please make sure to read
>http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
>and then follow the rules.

>Especially, do not top-post / full-quote.

>You may also want to read
>http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Dear wolfgang denk,
please review and let me know if this is right way of posting.
thanks for both the links. yeah sorry about top posting full quote . Now im
trying to follow those rules in the links which u have given to me.

>How do you expect us to help when all information you provide is "the
>compiler gave errors"? Do you think we can guess what your code looks
l>ike, which commands you used, or what the error messages might have
>been?

Now im writing in detail what im trying to do. all i want to do is compile
the file in /drivers/spi/atmel_spi.c which is nothin  but initialize the SPI
controller in u-boot for my board AT91SAM9261.  so i added the lines
#define CONFIG_ATMEL_SPI 1
#define CONFIG_CMD_SPI 1
 in my config file which is located at  /include/configs/at91sam9261ek.h
but as i said i got a error  which im posting below . may i know what is
going wrong?  thanks for those links again.
this is error i got when i was compiling uboot.

make -C drivers/spi/
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/ravikulkarni/dasuboot_airforce/u-boot-1.3.4/drivers/spi'
/opt/timesys/toolchains/armv5l-linux/bin/armv5l-linux-gcc -g  -Os
-fno-strict-aliasing  -fno-common -ffixed-r8 -msoft-float -malignment-traps
-D__KERNEL__ -DTEXT_BASE=0x27D00000
-I/home/ravikulkarni/dasuboot_airforce/u-boot-1.3.4/include -fno-builtin
-ffreestanding -nostdinc -isystem
/opt/timesys/toolchains/armv5l-linux/lib/gcc/armv5l-linux/3.4.1/include
-pipe  -DCONFIG_ARM -D__ARM__ -march=armv4 -mapcs-32 -march=armv5te
-mtune=arm926ejs -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes  -c -o atmel_spi.o atmel_spi.c
atmel_spi.c: In function `spi_setup_slave':
atmel_spi.c:51: error: `SPI0_BASE' undeclared (first use in this function)
atmel_spi.c:51: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
atmel_spi.c:51: error: for each function it appears in.)
atmel_spi.c:73: warning: implicit declaration of function `get_spi_clk_rate'
make[1]: *** [atmel_spi.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/ravikulkarni/dasuboot_airforce/u-boot-1.3.4/drivers/spi'
make: *** [drivers/spi/libspi.a] Error 2

 I'm thinking  we have to  write an init function in the  file
/board/atmel/at91sam9261ek/at91sam9261ek.c defining which pins and all? am i
right?

warm regards,
Ravi Kulkarni.