[U-Boot] GPL 'All Rights Reserved' Cleanup - AMD derived code

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 00:29:26 CEST 2009

Hi Wolfgang,

/cpu/i386/sc520/sc520_asm.S has the following copyright from AMD:

/*
 *  =============================================================================
 *
 *   Copyright 1999 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
 *
 *  This software is the property of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc  (AMD)  which
 *  specifically grants the user the right to modify, use and distribute this
 *  software provided this COPYRIGHT NOTICE is not removed or altered.  All
 *  other rights are reserved by AMD.
 *
etc
 */

Note the 'All _other_ rights are reserved'

I don't know if the AMD license is GPL compatible, so I will be contacting AMD
to see if they can release the code this file is based on under the terms of
the GPL.

Regards,