[U-Boot] ARM Pull Request

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 09:12:56 CEST 2009

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 07:37 Sat 05 Sep     , Dirk Behme wrote:
>> Dear Jean-Christophe,
>>
>> Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please pull
>>> The following changes since commit 3aa8b68d80dbcb6829af60485c1e388b39af793d:
>>>  Wolfgang Denk (1):
>>>        Merge branch 'next' of ../next
>>>
>>> are available in the git repository at:
>>>
>>>  git://git.denx.de/u-boot-arm.git master
>>>
>>> Albin Tonnerre (3):
>>>      at91sam9260/afeb9260: Fix SPI initialization
>>>      Add support for the Calao SBC35-A9G20 board
>>>      Support for the Calao TNY-A9260/TNY-A9G20 boards
>>>
>>> Frederik Kriewitz (1):
>>>      Add support for the DevKit8000 board
>> I'd like to have the omap3_devkit8000.h version of that patch, instead.
> this one is fine no need not the omap3_devkit8000 version

Jean-Christophe: In

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059087.html

we agreed on omap3_devkit8000.

>> Additionally,
>>
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/058492.html
> as I said now more than 10 times

Jean-Christophe: I doubt that you mentioned this more than 10 times ;)

> on omap3 we can use the generic ARMV7 cache
> code as on Samsung

Jean-Christophe: Unfortunately, this is not the topic we are talking
about here.

At the moment we are talking about

a) Moving the existing code to an OMAP3 specific directory so that
others can go on. Not stalling them any longer.

b) By doing (a), making sure not changing/breaking any existing
code/functionality

c)  http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/058543.html

And if you insist on your "we don't need this code", please re-read

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059026.html

All: The main topic here is (a). So somebody with commit rights:
Please apply

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/058492.html

so that others, mainly Samsung, can go on and isn't stalled further.

OMAP3 specific discussion can go on in an other thread, then.

Many thanks and best regards

Dirk