[U-Boot] ARM Pull Request

Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD plagnioj at jcrosoft.com
Sun Sep 6 15:16:58 CEST 2009

On 09:12 Sun 06 Sep     , Dirk Behme wrote:
> Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> >On 07:37 Sat 05 Sep     , Dirk Behme wrote:
> >>Dear Jean-Christophe,

> >>I'd like to have the omap3_devkit8000.h version of that patch, instead.
> >this one is fine no need not the omap3_devkit8000 version
>
> Jean-Christophe: In
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059087.html
>
> we agreed on omap3_devkit8000.
in v4 the author prefer it devkit8000 so I respect it

> >on omap3 we can use the generic ARMV7 cache
> >code as on Samsung
>
> Jean-Christophe: Unfortunately, this is not the topic we are talking
> about here.
yes it's, as intead of fix the code we just move it

> At the moment we are talking about
>
> a) Moving the existing code to an OMAP3 specific directory so that
> others can go on. Not stalling them any longer.
>
> b) By doing (a), making sure not changing/breaking any existing
> code/functionality
>
> c)  http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/058543.html
>
> And if you insist on your "we don't need this code", please re-read
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059026.html
Yes I insist to remove the code and use a generic code as much we can
for the l2_cache I'm fine to move to omap3 as it's really omap3 specific
but I do want to have the generic v7_flush_dcache_all use for omap3 too

> All: The main topic here is (a). So somebody with commit rights:
No the topic here is to do the right thing

move code which need to be re-write is incorrect
as Samsung will re-introduce the v7_flush_dcache_all for their soc
so where they will store it?

in cpu/arm_cortexa8/samsung/cache.S

and if we add a new soc which will need the code we will duplicate it agains
no

we clearly need to clean the omap3 and not force other soc to duplicate code
just because on soc

Best Regards,
J.