[U-Boot] Enabling D cache on Arm Cortex A8 in U-boot

akshay ts takshays at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 8 04:51:05 CEST 2009

Hi,
I want to enable D/I Cache in ARM Cortex, whenever i enable cache bit in control register, system hangs. I feel i dont have to flush the cache since u-boot in single threaded app.
Can u please let me know the steps to be followed to enable.
I have enabled MMU  and it is working fine. I have set cacheable/bufferable bit in translation table descriptors. TEX bit is 0. As of now i am using only sections.

Warm Regards,
Akshay

      Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com