[U-Boot] I found an error

sun peng sunnycamel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:24:17 CEST 2009

Hi there:
Recently I'm playing with u-boot and want it be able to boot from nand.
When I config u-boot to smdk6400, I found I can't  get nand_spl with proper
size. It need to be pad to 4k to fit into the steping stone.
The final size of nand_spl is  depend on the variable "PAD_TO":

             # PAD_TO used to generate a 4kByte binary needed for the
combined image
             # -> PAD_TO = TEXT_BASE + 4096
             PAD_TO  := $(shell expr $$[$(TEXT_BASE) + 4096])
The lines above is in file:
            u-boot-xxx/nand_spl//board/samsung/smdk6400/config.mk
Unfortunately the PAD_TO can not evaluate to the proper value when I run the
makefile.
I change the the line to below:
   PAD_TO    := $(shell expr $(TEXT_BASE) + 4096)
then the whole build works OK.

Is there any body think this is an issue ?

BRs/Sunpeng from Beijing China
10/09/2009