[U-Boot] (no subject)

Konrad Mattheis mattheis at ukma.de
Tue Sep 15 10:38:21 CEST 2009

Hi Albin,

now I tried your rewritten mmc driver.

>- Use the updated driver that I rewrote, as seen here:
>   http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059456.html
>   I have tested this code on my sam9g20/sam9260 boards with a wide range of sd
>   and mmc cards and it seems to work well. If you test this, I would really
>   appreciate if you sent an answer to the patch, saying that you tested this.
>   If you have some extra time, you can try both and try to see if there are
>   regressions in the new code :)

But till now I don't get it working.

Here my steps:

Downloaded u-boot 2009.08

changed:
#if defined(CONFIG_HAS_DATAFLASH) to: #if defined(CONFIG_HAS_DATAFLASH) || defined(CONFIG_ATMEL_SPI)

applied Patch:
http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-September/060053.html

then applied Patch V3: from mail

added to:include/config/at91sam9260ek.h

#define CONFIG_CMD_MMC 1
#define CONFIG_MMC 1
#define CONFIG_GENERIC_MMC

added: to:
board/atmel/at91sam9260ek/at91sam9260ek.c

at91_mci0_hw_init(0,4); // slot 0 and bus width 4

I got the compile error:
	at91_mci0_hw_init not found.

I added:
	#define CONFIG_ATMEL_MCI to include/config/at91sam9260ek.h because this at91_mci0_hw_init is in a ifdef CONFIG_ATMEL_MCI  block

I compile okay. I flashed it.

now I have no mmc init function.
I have mmc list or mmcinfo,... but if I do for example mmc list I get nothing.

bye Konrad