[U-Boot] Compile for SPARC Leon3 fails with *** No rule to make target ... ***

Kraitschy, Tobias tobias.kraitschy at siemens.com
Wed Sep 16 16:08:52 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I`ve implemented Gaisler Research`s Leon3 SPARC core to a FPGA evaluation board of Actel. Now I`m about to get U-Boot running. So I made up my own board directory, added header files with my configuration-parameters etc. just as discribed in the u-boot README.
The "make myboard_config" goes well, but "make all" fails with the following message.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/u-boot-2009.08_build/cpu/leon3/start.S', needed by `/u-boot-2009.08_build/cpu/leon3/start.o'.  Stop.

I´d like to add that I set "BUILD_DIR=`/u-boot-2009.08_build" and I am using Gaisler`s Bare Cross Compiler with GCC 3.4.4. Searching the mailing-list-archives brought no advice to me. I also tried to study the Makefiles for half a week now, but I´m not familiar enought with it.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Tobias Kraitschy