[U-Boot] U-Boot load and run via NAND flash - ARM926EJ-S

Thomas Jackson penguinroot at mac.com
Thu Sep 17 05:16:29 CEST 2009

Hi List,
I understand NOR-based flash memory devices have traditionally been used for
non-volatile storage for a bootloader and other various advantages including
support for execute-in-place code, random access to memory, and zero error
rate, etc.  However, we have a project that we would like to have U-Boot
bootloader run via NAND Flash memory device on a ARM926EJ-S based board.  I
searched the mailing list for this and didn't see anything.  I only found a
question posted in 2006 where it was asked if the kernel based on ARM926EJ-S
can boot from NAND flash.  Which I know is ok.   Does the community know of
any existing mechanisms for this type of configuration to enable U-Boot load
and run via NAND flash?

Thanks in advance!
TJ