[U-Boot] Warning Bad CRC

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Sep 21 14:20:33 CEST 2009

Dear Rahanesh,

In message <4AB75481.6060804 at tataelxsi.co.in> you wrote:

>      But  i cannot find out the  issue with  config file.

We cannot find this out either. We don't know your hardware, and your
code is not in mainline either.

> This is the information i get from include/configs/my_board.h
>  /* Address and size of Primary Environment Sector   */
>  /* I put the env in the last sector since the board has */
>  /* "top" type boot sectors... */
>  #define CFG_ENV_ADDR        0xAD03F000
>  #define CFG_ENV_SIZE        0x1000
>  #define CFG_ENV_SECT_SIZE   0x10000

It has already meen explained before that this looks broken.

I would expect that the environment address is a multiple of the
block size, which it is not in your case.

> and my config file is as below
>
>  MTD device name   Device offset   Env. size   Flash sector size  =20
> Number of sectors
>   /dev/mtd0                 0x3F000       0x1000      0x10000

Is 0x3F00 really the correct offset? I doubt so.

What are your full U-Boot boot messages, and what does "flinfo" print?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nearly everyone is in favor of going  to  heaven  but  too  many  are
hoping  they'll  live  long  enough  to see an easing of the entrance
requirements. Never appeal to a man's "better nature." he  might  not
have one.