[U-Boot] MPC875 USB support?

Mikhail Zaturenskiy mzaturenskiy.st at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:25:21 CEST 2009

>> I guess my question should have been: Would it be possible using the
>> controller that's built into the MPC875?
>
> Is there a USB host controller driver in Linux which is working
> reliably?

The short answer is: not that I know of, but I sure hope there is.
Right now I'm still looking for a driver that would work with an
MPC8xx's built-in USB HCI. So far the only mention I've seen of such a
thing was from some posts that go a few years back saying that there
was no driver for a 2.6.x kernel and the one for 2.4.x was not too
good either, and that was for pre-MPC875 CPUs.

I thought somebody would have written something, but I'm starting to
wonder if I'll have to put something together myself. I can't seem to
find much good info on how to get this working in either U-Boot or
Linux.

Ultimately, I need USB to work in Linux and not so much in U-Boot, but
for now I need whichever one I can get to work faster.

Mikhail Zaturenskiy