[U-Boot] MPC875 USB support?

Anton Vorontsov avorontsov at ru.mvista.com
Fri Sep 25 02:02:00 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 04:25:21PM -0500, Mikhail Zaturenskiy wrote:
> >> I guess my question should have been: Would it be possible using the
> >> controller that's built into the MPC875?
> >
> > Is there a USB host controller driver in Linux which is working
> > reliably?
>
> The short answer is: not that I know of, but I sure hope there is.
> Right now I'm still looking for a driver that would work with an
> MPC8xx's built-in USB HCI. So far the only mention I've seen of such a
> thing was from some posts that go a few years back saying that there
> was no driver for a 2.6.x kernel and the one for 2.4.x was not too
> good either, and that was for pre-MPC875 CPUs.
>
> I thought somebody would have written something, but I'm starting to
> wonder if I'll have to put something together myself. I can't seem to
> find much good info on how to get this working in either U-Boot or
> Linux.
>
> Ultimately, I need USB to work in Linux and not so much in U-Boot, but
> for now I need whichever one I can get to work faster.

I don't know how much CPM1 differs from CPM2, but there was
somewhat successfull attempt to add CPM2 USB support to FHCI
driver (so far it supports only QE/"CPM3" USB), made by Laurent
Pinchart. I don't quite remember if he posted the patch to some
mailinglist, but I have the patch in my mailbox.

I can post it somewhere if Laurent don't mind. Cc'ing...

--
Anton Vorontsov
email: cbouatmailru at gmail.com
irc://irc.freenode.net/bd2