[U-Boot] [RFC] PPC: post_word_{load/store} - eliminate redundant code

Michael Zaidman michael.zaidman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:05:35 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Michael Zaidman,
>
> In message <v2t660c0f821004190944p4a0a060fha1c92dbede09a7bf at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> In order to eliminate redundant code for powerPC architecture when
>> defining post_word_{load/store} routines I suggest  moving them into
>> the arch/ppc/lib/commproc.c file rather than adding them to every
>> arch/ppc/cpu/XXXX.
>
> NAK. The commproc.* files are supposed to contain code dealing with
> the PowerQUICC Communication Processor Modules. This is in no way the
> right place for common code.

OK, my wrong interpretation of "comm" as common rather than
communication, sorry.
I see that others have also failed to interpret it correctly...

> Stefan - arch/ppc/cpu/ppc4xx/commproc.c  makes no sense - can we
> please clean this up?

Cleaning this up please take a look on commproc.h also. It serves the
CPM of 8xx only while commproc.c is present under number of PowerQUICC
CPU architectures. Although, ONLY commproc.c of mpc8xx includes the
commproc.h, to me, it looks like inconsistency.

Regards,
Michael