[U-Boot] [RFC] PPC: post_word_{load/store} - eliminate redundant code

Michael Zaidman michael.zaidman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 15:24:15 CEST 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Michael Zaidman,
>
> In message <v2t660c0f821004190944p4a0a060fha1c92dbede09a7bf at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> In order to eliminate redundant code for powerPC architecture when
>> defining post_word_{load/store} routines I suggest  moving them into
>> the arch/ppc/lib/commproc.c file rather than adding them to every
>> arch/ppc/cpu/XXXX.
>
> NAK. The commproc.* files are supposed to contain code dealing with
> the PowerQUICC Communication Processor Modules. This is in no way the
> right place for common code.

Meanwhile the  post_word_{load/store} are located in the commproc.c
files for the following architectures:
mpc8260,
mpc85xx,
mpc8xx,
ppc4xx.

Looking for the way to add POST functionality for the mpc83xx family I
realized that the post_word_{load/store} can be generalized for all
ppc architectures.

Could you point please to the file where such kind of things - common
for all CPU families of particular architecture should be located?

Thanks,
Michael