[U-Boot] Debugging why my kernel won't start

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 17 00:03:43 CEST 2010

Dear Rogan Dawes,

In message <4C69A8DA.8020201 at dawes.za.net> you wrote:

> > Are you absolutely sure that you have RAM in your system at 0x8000?
> > I doubt that your Load Address/Entry Point settings are correct.
>
> This is the default kernel that was shipped with the device, and so
> those are the settings that worked with the original u-boot.

Why do you not simply answer the question I asked?

Why do you not think about what I asked, and why?

> > Is there RAM at 0x00800000 ?
>
> Again, this is from the default vendor ramdisk that ships with the device.

Why should I care about where this is coming from?

On such a base I cannot help you.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Steal five dollars and you were a petty  thief.  Steal  thousands  of
dollars and you are either a government or a hero.
                                   - Terry Pratchett, _Going_Postal_