[U-Boot] Debugging why my kernel won't start

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 18 07:51:33 CEST 2010

Dear Rogan Dawes,

In message <4C6B08F1.9000804 at dawes.za.net> you wrote:

> The ramdisk is located at ff9a0000 (in flash). Its image header
> relocates it to 00800000:

Try to copy the ramdisk to RAM, and pass the Linux kernl an address in
RAM.

Try it.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I realize that command does have its fascination, even under  circum-
stances such as these, but I neither enjoy the idea of command nor am
I  frightened  of  it. It simply exists, and I will do whatever logi-
cally needs to be done.
	-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2812.7