[U-Boot] which protocol do I use to send S-record files when using the loads command ?

Peter Barada peterb at logicpd.com
Wed Aug 18 19:09:36 CEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 10:11 -0700, Mangelschots, Jef wrote:

> What file transfer protocol do I use when sending an S-record file when I issue the loads command ?
>
> I tried with both TerraTerm and Hyperterminal.
>
> In Terraterm, when I use File | Send File ...,
> In HyperTerminal, I use the menu Transfer | Send Text File ...
>
> In both these cases, it reads the first line correctly, but by the time it wants to process the following line, it ends up reading garbage. It looks like the terminal programs kept sending bytes while U-boot was processing the first S-record line (which is an S0 record).

Hmm, sounds like you don't use any flow-control on the serial port so
when u-boot goes away to do work it signals the other end(your host
running Terraterm/HyperTerminal) to stop transmitting until u-boot's
serial fifo has room in it.  If Terraterm/HyperTerminal don't have the
right flow-control setup then they'll keep tyring to stuff data into the
fifo (which gets dropped on the floor).