[U-Boot] Debugging, Why USB is not stable

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Mon Aug 30 11:37:41 CEST 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:12:25 +0200, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:

> Sometimes I get the impression that we would save a lot of headache by
> starting afresh and porting the current Linux code into U-Boot thus
> leverage all this, but nobody yet dared to start such a feat.

If somebody starts over, it would be wise to find a way to use the
Linux code unmodified or only automatically converted in U-Boot.
Otherwise, every resync is painful again and again.

With the use of wrapper functions, a few sed/awk/whatever scripts and
all kinds of macro trickery, it is should be possible to use the Linux
code without manually changing it for U-boot.

--
Bas