[U-Boot] Debugging, Why USB is not stable

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Aug 30 11:52:30 CEST 2010

Hi Bas,

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:12:25 +0200, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:
>
>> Sometimes I get the impression that we would save a lot of headache by
>> starting afresh and porting the current Linux code into U-Boot thus
>> leverage all this, but nobody yet dared to start such a feat.
>>

> If somebody starts over, it would be wise to find a way to use the
> Linux code unmodified or only automatically converted in U-Boot.
> Otherwise, every resync is painful again and again.

Absolutely.

> With the use of wrapper functions, a few sed/awk/whatever scripts and
> all kinds of macro trickery, it is should be possible to use the Linux
> code without manually changing it for U-boot.

In the past this turned out not to be as easy as it sounds.  The devil
lurks in the details which become apparant only when starting on the
job.  But of course if somebody accomplishes this, I cannot imagine
anyone from stopping him :)

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The Speedo3 is very similar to other Intel network chips, that is to say
"apparently designed on a different planet".