[U-Boot] android fastboot support on U-boot

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Mon Aug 30 11:57:14 CEST 2010

Resend, forgot to copy the list.

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:31:06 +0200, Detlev Zundel <dzu at denx.de> wrote:
>> Hi shulin,
>>
>>>    Now I working on porting android fastboot protocol to U-boot,does
>>> somebody add fastboot protocol patches to U-boot?
>>
>> Can yopu please tell me what the "the android fastboot" protocol is?

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fastboot

"Fastboot is protocol used to update the flash filesystem in Android
devices from a host over USB. It allows flashing of unsigned partition
images."

I was already wondering how feasible it would be to have a board with
USB slave behave like an USB memory stick to flash the firmware by
simply copying a file from the host to it.

--
Bas